morning time.

Every spare minute of my time has been spent in the kitchen. Baking Christmas cookies feels therapeutic and distracting, so I have made 4 batches of Rum Logs (the traditional Sinclair Christmas cookies) and a batch of Gingerbread dough.

I have been setting my alarm to wake up at a decent time (usually 7:30) because I had gotten use to my mornings. I sound like my Mom more and more! I never thought I would voluntarily wake up - I LOVE to sleep in the morning. But, now I sit with my coffee and relax and then I still have time to work out and do some house hold chores before I go to work.

My morning wake up call use to be a little baby. She would sit with me while I drank my coffee and just about the time I was finishing, she would want to eat. I miss my morning time with her. It was the first thing that brought reality crashing last week... All alone in the morning.

So, this morning I am buying shoes while I drink coffee. Hmmmm...

Speaking of coffee, I am very upset and nervous that my espresso machine is not working probably and my coffee tastes terrible lately. Not only that, it is leaking water now. I guess I will have to go back to using the french press while I try to fix the espresso maker.

My eldest sister is flying home this morning. My little nephew probably woke up with excitement this morning (poor little guy thought he was leaving last Friday since he was promised he was going to Nana and Papa's "after Thanksgiving"!) and I hope that he and his brother are treating their mother fairly on this long flight across the country. I have already reserved time with my sister tomorrow evening to decorate cookies. She is very popular so I needed to text her and tell her this was my evening!

Enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts