it's the most [nerve-wracking] time of the year.

December 3rd.

As this month progresses, so does our need to make some big decisions... neither of us feel like making big decisions right now. But, time is not being friendly to us currently. I have been needing the reminder of Ephesians 5:15 a lot lately ("...making the most of your time, because the days are evil...").

Rick graduates with a Bachelor's in Business Administration in two weeks and next Monday he leaves to go check out some MBA programs. I am still working at my salon, but since I cut back my hours when we had our little baby, it will take me some time to build my usual schedule back up. Everything thing is up in the air: do we stay here? do I hire someone? does Rick go to school? does Rick apply for more jobs? (well, that one is answered: three applications going out this week.)

And all the while, we just want to sit in our house and stare at the wall. But, we are suppose to make the most of our time. Hmmmm. Does that include decorating for Christmas? Fortunately, I go to bed too tired every night to lay there for long feeling anxious for God to come through for us in a BIG way.

On a different note: I went to see Liana participate in a performance of Handel's Massiah. She was asked to be in a select orchestra that accompanied the Laurentian Singer's. I was so proud of her -- the youngest by far of anyone else sitting in the "pit" and she plays so very nicely. I know some people would find this sort of entertainment a bore, I however find it fascinating to watch each musician and see how they view their form of art. It makes me wish I had pursued music a little bit more. :( Oh well, maybe some day (haha).

I woke up this morning thinking about presents for my little kiddies (nieces and nephews). I was a very silly Aunt and managed to buy Christmas presents for 5 of my 7 nieces and nephews. Oh man, how am I going to manage to keep track of all of them when all my siblings are married? I think I will just buy 50 of the same thing and pass it out.

Merry Christmas.


Comments

  1. Staring at walls has its place.
    As does discipline in action.
    I'm voting for a job here, somewhere nearby, just perfect for Rick. I'm praying for that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last paragraph made me laugh! I had to stop 3 times to count the number of books that I bought this year to make sure that I had bought the proper number for my children to exchange with their cousins!

    I've been praying for you and Rick a lot. Love you both!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts