Star Wars and 1 year.

Sunday afternoon after a holiday... left over food and cookies and lots of people gathered around tables (and some in the family room watching football). It's not quite as formal as our holiday dinners, but just as much fun. Buffet in the kitchen and instructions for everyone to wash their own dishes. Sounds good to me.

After long discussions about an afternoon movie outing, 8 people pile into a van and a few go to see Sherlock Holmes and some to Avatar. The house is much quieter with so many people missing and the remaining two men settle on the couches to watch the rest of the games on TV and the rest of us girls scatter to different rooms. Oh, and by the way, we are all doing the same thing: watching a movie. Different movies; some on a TV, some on computers. Social, huh? Tonight is game night - I guess we are saving our social energy for that.

My movie of choice? Star Wars - the original. The only problem was that we don't own those (what a pity to have the new ones but not the 1977 version). Ryan happened to have Return of the Jedi, so I popped that in. It's not my favorite of the three originals, but it works. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Laeh. But, I have flash backs to when I first started watching this. Jamie and I would often request a showing of these "classics" when we went to visit our Nana on Long Island. Of course, the copies she had were on very old VHS tapes and were taped off of the TV - not the greatest, but Jay and I would eat them up.

So, between the showing of The Music Man, Slipper and the Rose, and other wonderful movies, we would watch Star Wars. Undoubtedly, Danica and Brietta would find other ways to entertain themselves - I don't recall them enjoying these movies like we did.

At some point, I have to get back to reality: my house is a mess after Christmas. My Mom offered to come help, but considering she has a much bigger house and a lot more people to clean up after, that hardly seemed fair. So, I told her we would just start going through all of our gifts one by one and slowly get organized.

Today is my 1-year wedding anniversary. Rick is out watching a movie and Mom said, "Aren't you a bit young to start that?" But, truth be told, we celebrated in advance knowing that the Christmas season is too busy and with so many family members around we want to be with them.

So, December 27th... It's almost 4:00. I suppose I was getting ready to have some pictures taken of me and my bridesmaids at this point last year. Wow. A whole year?

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary to you both! BTW, my DH is a big Star Wars buff, and we have the originals on VHS (not taped from the TV). If you let me know, I can bring them in to Canton for you to borrow, if you like. We now have all the Star Trek movies, too - some VHS and some DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Anniversaries are wonderful and something to truly be celebrated, even if it's before the "real" day! Praying for many blessings on your second year together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to two wonderful people! You guys are the best. Hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary beans, hope your christmas was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Carina and Rick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts