Tis the Season...


So, as we process and move forward after last week's major upset/life change, we managed to deck the halls yesterday and today. It didn't come without some frustrations and differing of opinions (between Rick and I), but considering that family traditions being combined and the heartache that we are both dealing with, I think we managed to come out of it okay (or at least in one piece!).

My sister, Julia, and I threw together some soup, threw candles up everywhere, found a spot for the new Crate and Barrel decorations that I bought, and Rick helped us pick out a beautiful tree from the local hardware store. Having never picked out our own tree, I found myself looking around for just ONE MORE opinion (I mean, I can't possibly pick one out on my own!), but we nabbed a great one.

Only once when I was outside admiring the porch lights did my eyes mist over and I said the all too familiar words, "This isn't fair, Rick. It wasn't suppose to be like this."

My family was inside - Dad, Mom, Julia, Jessica, Liana, Camilla, Merrick, Daniel, Brietta, Gabriel, Bronwyn, Jackson, Aubrey, and little Claire. But, I knew someone else was missing and it was a little girl that had been apart of this little clan - and she had been OUR clan. Ricky and I -- we were building a family for her. I had already been thinking of traditions for us to start around the holidays... I guess it just isn't fair. (I can hear the famous quote used in my house growing up - fairness is not the objective of life." But, in this case, that just doesn't seem as easy to swallow.)

But, cookies have been made, decorated by little fingers, and demolished! And we had fun!

The candles are still lit and Rick and I have settled down for a few moments of quite before we fall asleep and start a new week.

A new week... *sigh*

One step at a time [with Jesus by my side].



I found this in my camera. I just LOVE this picture. Is she not the cutest?

















Not quite done yet. It's a start though.

Comments

  1. She is beautiful.

    I wish I could have been at the soup party tonight.

    Love you tons. Must talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooo cute! You speak of what is always said about life wasn't meant to be fair...my family saying was always "If it was meant to be it will happen in HIS time, not ours. God has a plan for everything that happens in our life." I know this probably doesn't help but trust in him that things will work out the way they are supposed to. You have made a significant impact on that little girls life whether you know it or not! Be strong and know that you have a lot of support behind you!
    ~ Darcie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts