sunday ponderings.

I am house sitting/dog sitting at a friends house right around the corner from my house. It's fun - she has a bigger kitchen and comfy couches and CABLE! I spent the afternoon relaxing and watching a WE TV cake show. I LOVE watching cake shows. I feel so inspired and I feel like getting up and making a cake right away.

I feel as though I find out something new about myself every day as of late. I love being creative, but often don't find the energy to do it. I want to sow, I want to make cakes, I want to take voice lessons, I want to be in musicals... the list goes on. But I feel like the limitations take over my life - resources, time, discipline, space, etc. I need to just dive in. My goal is that after Christmas I will take all/any $$ I get and put it towards material. I would like to make a few things: skirts, dresses, and some curtains for my kitchen.

And, perhaps my friend with the bigger kitchen will let me take over her space so that I can make a beautiful cake. ;)

But, I am an "excuse" person... I find excuses for a lot - exercise, consistent Bible reading, emotions, diligence... oh, the lists are endless today. What's the deal with that?

The list even is endless for what I lay in bed thinking about every night: a baby being somewhere in Rochester. Did we do enough? Did we pray enough? What should we do now? What should I say now? Did we do something wrong? Why would HE allow this?

Questions and lists. That's been my day.

On a lighter note: my family will all be together finally starting tonight. My bro-in-law fly's in from California tonight and now we can officially start the festivities and I am so glad to have his smile and great sense of humor around now.

Comments

Popular Posts