I listened to this song during a very hard season of my life right after high school. It is such a King David song that reflects so much in my heart. As I listened to it tonight, new meaning was brought to it and the tears wouldn't stop. And I thought to myself, "What was I thinking by praying this prayer? Did I know it would hurt like this?" Yes, I did. But, honestly? I didn't think it would be at the cost of a baby's life being either filled with Jesus or one that wasn't.


take, take 'til there's nothing

nothing to turn to

nothing when you get through
(Did you have to take her, Jesus?)

won't you break
scatter pieces of all i've been
(Did you scatter part of me as the love I have for her went with her?)
bowing to all i've been
running to
where are You?


did you leave me unbreakable?
leave me frozen?
i've never felt so cold

i thought you were silent
i thought you left me for the wreckage and the waste
on an empty beach of faith
was it true?

yes, i, i got a question
i got a question where are You?
(Are you with her, Jesus?)

scream
deeper, i wanna scream
(I feel trapped, Jesus. Do you hear it though?)
i want you to hear me

i want you to find me
i,
i want to believe

(Oh, how I want to believe. Oh, how I did believe... that this was Your plan...)
but all i pray is wrong
and all i claim is gone
(Did we all hear wrong? Did we all believe wrong?)


yes, i, i got a question i got a question where are You?









Comments

  1. she's so beautiful. so very beautiful.
    praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you guys. I imagine that the holidays must be hard as you think of the plans that would have included her! I'm also praying for your sweet baby girl! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts