the aftermath

I really wanted to sleep in today. I knew I needed it after 3 or 4 days of holiday at my parents and Rick's parents. We had wonderful days. Full of fun, presents, family; laughter and some tears. But, who's kidding who? That is tiring.

So, it's Monday and I am looking forward to a week where I am only working for one day. But, since traditionally Monday is my day off, I was really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and sleeping IN. I haven't been very good at sleeping late since we got the baby in August. She helped me get over my need of sleep in the mornings (and sometimes at night). But, ever since then, more often than not, alarm clock set or not, I am up in the morning way before I use to think was normal.

I woke up twice when Rick was getting ready to leave the house for cell group. I was irritated because I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep. But, I did! Twice!

Now, I would usually just get up if my sleep is disturbed at a reasonable hour of the morning. But, today? No. Even between being awake and sleeping I knew that I should get my beloved rest because once I was awake, I would be busy, busy, busy.

And it's true. I woke up, looked around my bedroom, hallway, bathroom, kitchen, dining room... AAAHHHHHHH! It's a mess. Literally. Every. Corner. Is. A. Mess.

Where do you start? I picked the kitchen and tackled it. It's not thorough, but its clean, the dishes are put away - old and new. Stove is wiped down, and I am on to the next room: the bedroom. Scary as it may seem.

And I will keep doing this till all the rooms are picked up and then I will start to put my decorations away. All away. :( Rick already mentioned how un-cozy he is afraid our living room will look without a tree. Oh well, if it were up all the time, it wouldn't be special.

Good luck to all this week organizing after Christmas. Try to get it done before the new year, that's my goal!

Comments

Popular Posts