It's almost the end of January and the month has flown by so quickly I don't even remember if Christmas happened. The only clue would be the Nativity Scene that is still set up in the corner of my living room - I didn't even remember that it was there until a week ago. How did I miss that?

Rick is still gone - gone till February 1st. He left Christmas Day. Oh, don't worry - we have seen each other for 20 hours since December 25th. Not consecutive hours, but ya know - I can't complain; it's better than nothing.

I was thinking about getting him this sweatshirt, just to remind him:




Mozart is sitting next to me and I know I am boring him to tears. But, what can I say? I am NOT venturing out in this weather even if he paid me to. It's hit that kind of a low temperature that makes you scratch your head and ask, "really? -30 degrees?" But, it's true. And going out to the mailbox was the furthest I will walk outside during evil times like this.

The fireplace is rip-roaring and I am sitting here enjoying my evening immensely. Instead of crashing the minute my last client was done, I forced myself to vacuum both hardwood floors and carpets of the main floor. Tomorrow? The upstairs. We shall conquer. I have company coming and I refuse for someone new to view my house at the level of disarray it has hit.

Amongst things like work and cleaning a house, I am thoroughly enjoying teaching Jr. Church on Sunday's. I took on the challenge of teaching 2nd-7th grade children and we are doing an in-depth study on the Old Testament. I LOVE it. I find that I am learning more than I had ever expected and the Word of God does not ever get boring! I hope the kids are learning. They have several different papers in their folders: a chart for the books of the bible with the date they were written, the author, and the number of chapters in each book; a list of the books of the bible with lines for the "highlights" that we find the most significant in each book; and I table of contents to help in memorizing the order and the name of all 66 books of the bible.

Someone said, "Carina, I heard you took on Jr. Church? As if you didn't have enough to do?" I laughed, "When you feel inspired, better go for it: you never know when it will run out!" When God gives you vision, you better do something with it: you know what the parable of the talents says....


Comments

  1. You are amazing -- full of zeal, ambition, independence, adventure, and energetic vision!

    When and if you need help, let me know! :)

    Actually, don't forget you promised me some help this semester, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom - I haven't forgotten! I am very excited to help out! Let's get together soon. How would Thursday or Friday afternoon be?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts