and there will be boxes.

We walked in the apartment tonight and stood at the doorway looking in at the living room and dining room. Papers. Everywhere.

"We're doing our part to save the trees," Rick said sarcastically.

I laughed, but this place was trashed. And all I can think now is that we have to fit our life into boxes to cart it 12 miles away. Isn't there an easier way of doing this? A button to push? Nope.

The problem with moving is two things: 1) it is a messy process even before you begin packing. The taxes, the documents you have to sign, the bank papers, the lawyer papers, the bills from the inspector and the appraiser... The list goes on. And then you are suppose to pick up that stuff and pack your life away in boxes in, hopefully, an organized arrangement.

Reason 2) is that it is a hard concept to wrap your mind around (unless you have experience in this area). Mentally you are trying to catch up, but telling your body to start packing before you even understand exactly what you are doing. You're like a skit from Brian Regan, walking around the stage looking stupid and trying not to sound dumb in life. (if you listen to Brian, that makes a lot more sense. You too.)

I have never had to move everything I owned all at once - or at least, when I did move here, I only had a room full of stuff from my parents house to move. Much more simple.

So, I wash the dishes and clean the stove a little more vigorously knowing it will help me in the next few weeks as I try to clean-as-I-pack. But, it doesn't matter where I look, I can't help but thinking this would be easier if I were more organized with my current lifestyle. :(

But, life keeps going and the salon is expanding and ever-changing. And I am suppose to make the final calls except, I keep thinking someone else is going to come in and be the boss and perhaps I won't have to be the one to train a new stylist. But, guess what? It's all on me. The buck stops here for now and that's okay. One decision at a time; one expense at a time. One phone call at a time; one hair cut at time.

One step at a time... or sometimes a leap.

Comments

Popular Posts