april travels.



I woke up this morning more disoriented than usual. I looked around to see why the room was so dark and where I was. I vaguely remembered traveling somewhere yesterday, but as I slowly looked around, I couldn't quite recall where we had gone. I actually questioned who was sleeping next to me for a split second (come on, Carina!).

But, it came back to me. Six hours to a place north of Toronto. Blue Mountain - ski slopes on one side of the hotel and Nottawasaga Lake on the other. Strange mixture - the smell of water and the view of the mountains, but it was beautiful. Nestled in between those two points, is a little village and TONS of housing, hotels, and condo's. Ski country and a beautiful spot in the summer, this quaint location is bustling and had more of a Portland Maine feel than I would have associated with Canada.

Rick and I made our way to an Espresso Bar and ordered pastry's, specialty coffees, and orange juice and I noted the owner (who resembled Jedediah Burke to such a degree that it made me look twice) was sitting outside in the cold morning air complete with a trapper hat, heavy wool sweater, and a hot cup of coffee. He slipped in side shortly after we arrive to silently assist the girl behind the counter with our order.






The jazz played in the back ground and the brick streets out the window made for a perfect atmosphere. Rick and I chatted about soccer, business plans, real estate, and plans for the day while he sat with a newspaper and I with my bible.

Our day consisted of walking around at a slow pace, popping our heads in small little boutiques and we decided to go for a horse back riding trip tomorrow! There was a place to paint your own pottery, but I declined Rick's offer for me to do that. Too many other things.

This weekend was to relax. And relax we have. Rick is currently taking a nap (it's 7:27pm... hmm. Not sure that means for the rest of the evening!) and I think I'd like to suggest playing some pool at some point this evening.






Rick and I keep walking around asking, "Who knew this was up here?" It's adorable! Definitely the right place to come. Very relaxing. We haven't had to use our car once since arriving. For Rick's birthday he got an upgrade to a suite with complimentary underground parking. What a nice weekend, despite the cool temperatures and change in plans.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts