The house I loved burned.

I know I already said that on facebook, but I am still talking about it. ALL THE TIME. I mean, what are the chances? One of my clients jaw dropped when I told her this ironic story and said, "My goodness, Carina, you guys have seen it all!" Ha! I am still smiling! It is kind of funny. And the way I think of it is this: I wouldn't be laughing if it burned down the first time WE lit a fire in the wood stove, right?

Life has been taking a turn for what feels like the better. At least, my attitude has been. Rick has a meeting with a surgeon next week for the chronic back pain he has been suffering with for seven years. Last month Dr. Carr was the first Doctor to have any diagnosis - the FIRST ONE in SEVEN years!!!!! We prayed constantly for 24 hours before he saw Dr. Carr. Praying that God would anoint his hands and his abilities to help Rick and HE did. All of the MRI's, chiropractor visits, deep tissue massages, acupuncture and tests on Rick's back turned up nothing because the problem was in his shoulders! He has a tear in his muscle and a rip in his tendon in his shoulder. (or something - that was the simple version)

In the meantime, we are staying positive and hopeful and focusing on other things (like buying houses that won't burn down). The thought alone that surgery could help heal Rick's back is like winning the lottery - which is very strange since we are talking about him, being on a table, totally unconscious, with a knife cutting his skin open. But, it's all relative, right?

I went to Florida last week for 4 days. The sky was so blue. The sun was warm (even though the breeze was not). It was refreshing and the fact that I woke up every morning with the sun, the sound the birds and feeling energized is COMPLETELY opposite of the way I feel here during the month of February. The morning after coming home I woke up to the gray sky and wanted to hibernate till April...errr, June.

Ok, I said I was staying positive and am clearly proving myself otherwise at this point.

So, with that -

ciao.



P.S. Happy Birthday to my oldest nephew, Gabriel. I cried a little bit this morning when I thought about the fact that you are SEVEN! What in the world? I feel old now. You're the best.

Comments

Popular Posts