Oh me, Oh my.

17 months have gone by since we said our vows on a 40 degree December night. Through unemployment, a miscarriage, physical pain for Rick, losing a baby through a court case, and finding the house of our dreams already spoken for, we have managed to keep our head above water and refreshed our perspective with the Word on more than one occasion. Life is a ever-changing turn of events. Oh, this is a horrible first paragraph. Oh, I sound like I am complaining and lacking in faith perhaps to list these things first thing. In all honesty, I rarely think of them, but I feel them. These circumstances that we walked through have changed me - for the better I hope. I have to convince myself to not walk like I am on eggshells because of this stuff, but rather to keep traipsing through life as God directs.

But, yesterday when I heard about an opportunity that had come knocking at our door, well... I sat down and cried. "Why, God? Why? How come Your timing for this couldn't have been 5 months ago when we asked?" But, the bottom line? It wasn't. People who don't know Jesus say to me, "Everything happens for a reason." What is that reason to them? I am not sure. I much prefer to put my faith in God and know that He has everything happen for HIS reason and not some unknown cosmic realm directing our meaningless lives here on earth.

What is it she is talking about? you may wonder.

I keep saying, "oh me, oh my", because I just don't know what else to say. We found the house of our dreams last February. Oh, we were so excited. This one fit - like a glove. Ya know? So, we stepped out in faith for God to meet us financially and purchase offer was given. Did we get the house? No. Oh, how terribly disappointed we were when the emotional battle was finally over and we realized there was no hope unless God.

So, we pushed through and the long and the short of it is this: We put a purchase offer on a commercial location here in Canton. Right on Main Street. How excited are we!? An expansion of the salon - beautiful decorations, lighting, atmosphere. Two new stylists, tanning, etc. We took a deep breath and went for it. I have lost sleep staying up at night and early in the morning to scan pictures and crunch numbers and make lists.

And then we got the call. The house in Madrid is available and the owner's want US to buy it. Rick and I. Me and Rick. To buy their house. Oh me, oh my. What to do? My Dad says on the phone with us, "This doesn't need to be an either or... I think it can be both!" Oh what faith. You may find me on occasion with a paper bag over my mouth and my head between my knees. "But God..." He can move mountains. I wasn't sure why He chose to move them right now, but we shall roll with the punches and see where this leads.

So, I look around our messy apartment (I told Rick on Sunday this was going to be a "2-steps forward, 1-step back" types of week when it came to cleaning - and for sure, I was right!) and I wonder what God has for us next. Will we buy a house and the Main Street property? It's a good thing He knows. Despite the hard times, our mantra has been the verse, "Everything works together for good to those who love God..." Thank you, Jesus for peace.

We'll see how this portion of our story ends!

Comments

Popular Posts